Osteopathy Treats Spinal Misalignment
Osteopathy Treats Spinal Misalignment – The philosophy of Osteopathy is founded on the principle that good health is maintained through the optimal mechanical functioning of the body. For example, a misalignment in the spinal vertebrae leads not only to an irritation of the nervous system, but also hampers the functioning of the musculo-skeletal system and the organs that provide life to our bodies.
- C1 – Headaches, nervousness, insomnia, head colds, high blood pressure, migraine, chronic tiredness, amnesia, dizziness;
- C2 – Sinus trouble, allergies, eye troubles, earache, fainting spells, deafness;
- C3 – Neuralgia, neuritis, acne or pimples, eczema
- C4 – Hay fever, catarrh, hearing loss
- C5 – Laryngitis, hoarseness, sore throat
- C6 – Stiff neck, upper arm pain, tonsilitis
- C7 – Bursitis, colds, thyroid conditions
- T1 – Asthma, cough, difficulty breathing, pain in lower arms & hands
- T2 – Upper back
- T3 – Bronchitis, pleurisy, pneumonia, congestion
- T4 – Gall bladder conditions, jaundice, shingles
- T5 – Liver conditions, fevers, low blood pressure, anaemia, arthritis
- T6 – Stomach troubles, nervous stomach, indigestion, heartburn
- T7 – Ulcers, gastritis
- T8 – Hiccoughs
- T9 – Allergies, hives
- T10 – Kidney troubles, hardening of arteries, chronic tiredness, nephritis
- T11 – Skin conditions such as acne, pimples, eczema Rheumatism, gas pains
- T12 – Rheumatism, gas pains
- L1 – Constipation, colitis, diarrhoea, hernias
- L2 – Cramps, difficulty breathing, acidosis, varicose veins.
- L3 – Bladder troubles, menstrual troubles, bed wetting, knee pains.
- L4 – Sciatica, low back pain, frequency of urination
- L5 – Poor circulation in legs, swollen ankles, weak ankles, cold feet, leg cramps Sacrum Sacco-iliac lesions, spinal curvatures Coccyx Haemorrhoids (piles) pruritis, coccyx pain when sitting
A randomized clinical trial showing osteopathic treatment to improve asymmetry in infants with Scoliosis.
Bergmann, H., Bieber, I., Dijs, P., Faldum, A., Jung, T., Kaemmerer, C., Pabst, B., Philippi, H., Reitter, B., Schleupen, A., (2006) Infantile postural asymmetry and osteopathic treatment: a randomized therapeutic trial. HYPERLINK “http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=DMC" o “Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology"Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, Vol. 48, pp 5-9
This research paper concludes that osteopathic treatment improves the degree of asymmetry in infants with postural asymmetry, especially in the first months of life.
View a list of common complains that Osteopathy can assist with
Discovery the benefits of Osteopathy
- What is Osteopathy?
- Adult health issues
- Babies and Children
- During and after pregnancy
- Common Complaints
- Sports Injuries
- Genral Osteopathy FAQs
- The Science & Reasearch