Fees to expect when visiting an Osteopath
We offer very competitive rates.
- The initial consultation consists of detailed case history to help identify the cause of your problems.
- A thorough examination will include a physical, orthopedic, neurological, postural analysis, and osteopathic examination to determine how you can best be helped
- Appropriate osteopathic treatment
- If osteopathic care is not suitable for your condition you will of course be referred to another modality.
- Progress report and treatment
- Advice regarding work and leisure activities will be reviewed as will further expectations.
- Exercises will be introduced when appropriate.
- Any questions will be answered
All payment methods are available
First Consultation with an Osteopath
First consultation with an osteopath will include a detailed case history leading to a discussion of your present symptoms. This hour long session will look at the following:
- a) how your symptoms began
- b) factors affecting your condition
- c) health problems
- d) physical trauma
- e) medication
- f) surgeries
- g) lifestyle habits
This is facilitated through accompanying clinical information such as medical reports, x-rays and prescriptions.
A physical examination is then conducted to evaluate the body’s biomechanics (structure, posture and physical movements). If necessary, further investigations such as x-rays, blood tests, MRI scans may be requested.
Diagnosis, clinical findings and an appropriate treatment plan with projected recovery time frames will be explained and discussed and additional advice on exercise, nutrition, ergonomics and lifestyle may be suggested to facilitate recovery and optimal health.
Subsequent manual therapy will range from very subtle techniques used for babies, through to more robust methods applied to athletes. Some of these include: Gentle releasing; Joint articulation & manipulation; Cranial, functional, visceral techniques; Muscle stretching; Rhythmic joint movements; Soft tissue massage; Trigger point therapy; Lymphatic drainage.
The number of visits will depend on the severity and duration of the illness or injury and can range from between 2 to 6 consultations.
Medical aid covers a visit to an Osteopath
Osteopathy is a recognised modality in South Africa, governed by the Allied Health Professions Council of South Africa.
Please contact your Medical Aid provider to ensure that Osteopathy is covered in your Medical Aid plan. The majority of medical aid companies cover Osteopathic treatment.
The patient will be required to make payment on the day of the consultation and an invoice will be made out which can be sent to the medical aid for reimbursement.
Osteopathic tariff codes are set by the Department of Health. For more information contact Department of Health.
In case you haven’t found the answer for your question please feel free to contact us, our customer support will be happy to help you.